For centuries, generations of Tuscans have headed to the forests, woodlands and hillsides in search of the elusive and much revered Autumn truffle. If you are a keen cook, epicurean fanatic or just a greedy soul seeking the pleasure of classic, seasonal Tuscan cuisine, then a traditional truffle hunt is the perfect gourmet adventure for you. Why not sign up to an immersive gastronomic escape in the heart of the Tuscan countryside. Savour the seasonal secrets of the Tuscan harvest and take part in an enthralling truffle hunting experience.
Learn the ancient skills used to unearth these gourmet treasures and sample the enticing aromas and delicious flavours of fresh Tuscan truffles. One of the must visit destinations for food and wine devotees has to be Borgo Pignano. An exclusive private estate near the medieval towns of Volterra and San Gimignano. With 750 acres of unspoilt countryside to explore, this truly is the perfect backdrop for a traditional truffle hunt.
Venture deep into the ancient forests and hidden valleys of Borgo Pignano's country estate in the company of a local truffle hunter and his highly trained dog who will guide you around the woodlands and fields searching for gastronomic delights. A truffle hunting break at Borgo Pignano also includes a cooking class where you will learn the art of using truffles within seasonal Tuscan cuisine. During your stay at this country estate you will also have the chance to take a behind the scenes farm tour and visit our organic vegetable gardens, spend time with our bee-keeper and learn how we make our own honey.
To complete your unique culinary experience, sample head chef Vincenzo Martella's Autumnal tasting menu with exceptional organic wines paired by Pignano's wine connoisseur Francesco Dell'Aiuto.
Truffle Hunting Package for two people includes:
- Three nights in a Room with Charm or Room with a View in the beautiful 18th Century villa
- Welcome bottle of Prosecco
- Daily organic buffet breakfast
- Truffle Hunting adventure in the grounds of Borgo Pignano
- One Truffle Inspired Cooking Class for two, including the basics of fresh pasta making
- One Fine-Dining tasting menu for two at Villa Pignano's restaurant
- Farm Tour –behind the scenes at Pignano's organic farm and vegetable gardens, see how our produce is nurtured and harvested
- Honey making –enjoy an introduction to natural honey production
- Laboratory tour – see how we make our organic own jams and sauces, soaps, perfumed oils and organic products